Friday, February 26, 2010

Friday February 26, 2010

Just a very short blog because not an awful lot to say - but I am going to Bobo-Dioulasso this week-end and will let you know how that went on Monday.

It seems that a few things are progressing in St-Sauveur - I think I might have sold my car and my house in the last week.- nothing signed yet but offers on both so I will keep my fingers crossed.

Here however nothing is progressing - work is at a standstill and I do not put much hope that anybody will be able to help this particular organization. I hope to be able to meet with my Program Manager next week and get affected to another mandate. I have been trying to meet with him for the past 2 weeks but his father passed away so I have to be patient. I think I am getting rather good at being patient because not much esle to do.

The weather is getting hotter every day and we found a quaint little maquis were we go for our daily beer and converstion with some locals - a doctor, a journalist and an engineer. I would not venture eating there but the beer is nice and cold (but the flies are really at home there too). The doctor is a real card - loves to talk and you have a hard time getting anything in to the converstion - he likes the monologue type of conversation but he is nice.

Not being able to go out at night is a real pain however - I am going to have to figure something out soon because this is home for me.




That's all folks - not much to say. Hopefully next blog will be a bit more entertainning with my visit at Bobo.

No comments:

Post a Comment