Tuesday, January 26, 2010

January 26th

To my faithful followers please take notice that I have posted 3 blogs today now that I am back online but the dates are a little mess up chronologically - sorry about the confusion but if you want to follow by date read Jan 22nd blog first then Jan 24th and this one last that way it may make more sense (or not).

Not too much happened today - very short visit with my new employer and I start next Monday (office hours are from 7h30 to 3h30 pm) - early start but my new alarm clock gets me up at 4h30 am (the early prayers at the Mosque).

Went to get some prepaid units for electricity since I am just about out but now not sure how I put them in ??? That took about 1 hour since the line ups are enormous and people pay 2000F CFA at a time ($5). Then went to the telephone company to get an internet connection which again took forever as every step is either with a different person or even is a different building - and nothing is simple so there are a lot of steps. The technology is also old and inefficient.

Thought I would share with you a few pictures from Ouagadougou


2 comments:

  1. Hey Mimiresa,

    I could just imagine the 5 of us having a beer at this little «terrasse» laughing and maybe watching a wedding!!
    Miss you much xx
    Willie
    P.S. I like your apartment, nice set-up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Michele I just read through your most recent post and now see you are really committed to faciltating change in a tough enviroment. Steph is doing well a real trooper. Is there something Terry and I could send to make your life a little more comfortable please don't be shy. One thing for sure they will soon realize they have a super commodity in you if they allow themselves to listen. You will effect change with your example more than your words. Take care, Gary

    ReplyDelete